To help those not as fortunate as ourselves, we are launching a Christmas Toy appeal.
Please could you donate something new, but not wrapped in gift paper. The gifts will be distributed to local charities Martin House Hospice, Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice and the Salvation Army.
Gifts can be left at the bar, the office or the shop.
Below is a list of suggestions provided by the Salvation Army:
• 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles
• 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
• 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), CDs & family friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, wordsearch, crosswords
• 9-12: games and toys, stationery, CDs, DVDs, books, T-Shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats
• 13-16: CDs, DVDs, books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, T-Shirts, hair accessories
Over the years, millions of children and young people have benefited from donated gifts. By giving a gift to our Christmas Toy Appeal you can make a real difference in someone’s life at Christmas.